Network Security Engineer
Mission and Responsibilities:
The Network Security Engineer needs to thrive in an ever-evolving environment and take ownership of key pieces
of our Network Security puzzle to deliver impact in areas that drive new partnerships, monetization, and growth.
They will design, build, implement and monitor networks, cybersecurity practices. Use applications and tools that
drive these initiatives forward and, in time, will document and own the networks and applications they build,
while becoming a domain expert in these areas.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for partnering with Network Security and Systems, Engineering, and business teams to understand our needs in conjunction with networks and security strategy. They will be responsible for managing networks and security end to end-from getting involved in exploration, to launching the products, to maintaining the products and everything in between.
The role requires a strong technical skill set along with excellent interpersonal skills. The focus of the job at ICS is always Excellent Customer Service.
Key Responsible Areas:
- Being a member of the Network Security Administration Team, the candidate will be responsible for pro-actively monitoring, managing, and maintaining the network providing these services.
- Designs, develops, analyzes, troubleshoots, and documents computer networks and infrastructure.
- Leads major network projects to support capacity growth, upgrades and new products/features, and integration.
- Maintains in-depth up-to-date knowledge of standards, guidelines, industry trends, etc., for the Networking discipline, including LAN, WAN, Wireless, Data Center networking and interconnection.
- Prepare and perform scopes of work as detailed in implementation plans assigned (system builds, test plans, documentation, training).
- Drives improvements in network process, efficiency, and standardization.
- Contributes to the development and analyses of network designs and protocols including prototyping and assessment.
- Performs planning, engineering, forecasting and implementation, and identification of resource requirements for network systems of moderate complexity.
- Evaluates current network systems. Recommends changes in maintenance and systems standards, and train support personnel on the conversion and implementation of the system.
- Ensures compliance with change control processes and adherence to standards.
- Participates in the diagnosis, isolation, and resolution of network problems. Identifies and documents the root cause. Proactively identify potential issues in the production environment and help recommend potential solutions.
- Pro-actively manage firewall, patches, and vulnerabilities.
- Optimize disaster recovery procedures.
- Should work very closely with the Design and Engineering teams and as such need to have a good all-round understanding of networks and systems.
- Must be keen to learn, able to use their experience and initiative to tackle a broad range of problems and contribute to the growing success of the IT organization.
- Once settled into the role, the position may be asked to join our call-out Rotation providing 24x7 support for our key services as well as covering both planned and unplanned out of hours work as required.
- All other duties assigned by Senior IT Staff or the CIO.
Documentation and Reporting:
- On-time documentation of issues within RMM, ticketing and ERP we work with.
- Perform Customer follow-up and feedback.
- Running historical reports to identify reoccurring service disruptions.
- Document problem resolution and processes.
- Assist with on-boarding of new clients and users.
- Document baseline configurations and policies.
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 6 years of experience in IT Infrastructure/Network environments OR a Diploma/GED and at least 10 years of IT experience in Infrastructure/Network.
- At least 4 years of experience in network design, planning, and implementing scalable, highly available, mission critical network infrastructures.
- At least 3 years of experience with a variety of routing protocols including OSPF, BGP, IGRP, EIGRP, and RIP.
- At least 3 years of experience with IP Addressing (DHCP, NAT).
- At least 3 years of experience with Layer 2 network concepts including spanning tree, VPC, and VLAN design (example: Cisco Nexus/Catalyst switches).
- Experience with load balancing technologies such as F5, LTM, GTM and/or Cisco.
- Experience with maintaining web and email proxies.
- Experience with MDM (Mobile Device Management) solutions.
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Deploy and manage Identity and Access Management solutions (SSO, MFA, PAM, etc.).
- Certification: such as CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional) or CCDP (Cisco Certified Design Professional, provided by Cisco.
- Knowledge: of network security best practices.
- Experience with VoIP environments such as Cisco and/or ShoreTel.
- Experience with the design, development, and analysis of network management systems, applications, tools, and protocols.
- Experience in configuring Firewall Rules, IDS/IPS, TACACS, and ACLs (example: Cisco ASA, SonicWALL, and Sophos).
- Experience with Network Analysis Sniffer tools.
- Experience in RF experience in Wireless 802.11 a/b/g/n and current with vendors such as Cisco and/or Extreme Networks.
- Skills: Strong analytical decision making and problem-solving abilities.
- Skills: Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with technical and non-technical teammates. Gives and receives good feedback to improve their own performance and to help teammates grow.
- Maintain ongoing cyber security training for users.
- Stay current on cyber security trends (On-Premises, Cloud and Hybrid)
- Skill: Thrives in a dynamic environment with rapidly evolving objectives and sometimes ambiguous requirements with the ability to work autonomously and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Behavior: Endlessly curious - Passionate about expanding areas of expertise, learning new ways to do things, and understanding why things are the way they are-loves to get to the root of the problem, no matter where the problem leads. Resourceful and creative when executing on solutions.
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality of sensitive files, data and materials accessed, discussed, or observed while working.
Nice to have skills:
- Experience: ITIL
- Behavior: Gets excited, not only about solving technical challenges, but also about being close to the business and go-to-market strategies.
- Skills: Strong organizational skills.
- Skills: Strong verbal and written communication skills.