Business Application - Power Platform
Mission and Responsibilities:
The Microsoft Power Platform Developer needs to thrive in an ever-evolving environment and take
ownership of key pieces of our business solutions puzzle to deliver impact in areas that drive new
partnerships, monetization, and growth. As a Power Platform Software Developer, you can solve a
problem with a complete end-to-end solution in a fast-paced Agile environment. We’re looking for an
Developer with the skills needed to build new services from vision to production-ready system.
We need a mid-level Power Platform developer with experience in translating complex functional and technical requirements into custom design and development of Microsoft Power Platform-based applications. You will create engaging customer experiences using low-code development technologies that leverage the modern experience in SharePoint online, Power Apps, Power Automate, and Power BI. You'll support the project and tech lead in developing plans, estimation, and code and design reviews. You’ll work on projects that meet challenges in the intelligence community (IC), collaborating with your team to build automated business processes and sites in SharePoint and M365 with user centric design. You'll apply your expertise in web development best practices to ensure accessibility for all users by developing a front-end that functions across browsers, platforms, and devices while meeting accessibility and security requirements.
Key Responsible Areas:
- Design and develop custom business applications using the Microsoft Power Platform tools, including Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI, and Power Virtual Agents.
- Gather and analyze business requirements and translate them into technical specifications.
- Collaborate with other developers and IT professionals to ensure the quality and scalability of the solutions.
- Perform unit testing, integration testing, and deployment of the solutions. Perform code reviews and ensure adherence to coding standards and best practices.
- Package and deploy the application in the client's environment.
- Maintain and enhance existing Power Platform applications, create, and update existing documentation.
- Stay up to date with the latest Power Platform updates, features, and best practices.
- Provide technical guidance and support to other developers and business users.
- Participate in project planning and estimation. Manage and prioritize tasks and ensure timely delivery of high-quality solutions.
- Experience with low-code business application development.
- Experience with implementing Microsoft Power Platform projects.
- Experience with building model-driven and canvas Power Apps.
- Experience with designing and implementing Power Automate flows.
- Experience in Data and Dataverse entity modeling.
- Experience with the Agile development process.
- Knowledge of Power Platform architectural design principles, administration, and governance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Business desired. Candidates with equivalent job experience will be considered.
- Power Query, Power Pivot, and DAX formulas: 5 years (Preferred).
- Skill: Thrives in a dynamic environment with rapidly evolving objectives and sometimes ambiguous requirements with the ability to work autonomously and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Behavior: Endlessly curious - Passionate about expanding areas of expertise, learning new ways to do things, and understanding why things are the way they are - loves to get to the root of the problem, no matter where the problem leads. Resourceful and creative when executing on solutions.
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality of sensitive files, data and materials accessed, discussed, or observed while working.
Nice to have skills:
- Experience with data modeling and design.
- Experience with SharePoint development and migration.
- Knowledge of modern DevOps tools, including content repositories, version control, CI/CD pipelines, and infrastructure as code.
- Ability to analyze time and effort estimation of design and development work to support sprint planning.
- Microsoft Power Platform certification.
- Behavior: Gets excited, not only about solving technical challenges, but also about being close to the business and go-to-market strategies.
- Skills: Strong organizational skills.