Business Application - Business Central
Mission and Responsibilities:
The Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Developer needs to thrive in an ever-evolving
environment and take ownership of key pieces of our business solutions puzzle to deliver impact in
areas that drive new partnerships, monetization, and growth. They will be the technical expert on a
project implementation team and develop technical specifications for implementation, configuration,
customizations, and enhancements of Business Central. Additionally, they will have technical oversight
for development/delivery of large-scale project deliverables.
They will be a valued member of a team using a defined project methodology to develop and implement various modules of D365 BC. Your deep development and technical skills in D365 BC will allow you to work in confidence and ensure your success, as well as the success of your projects.
This client-facing roles require extensive programming and development experience with Microsoft D365 BC and excellent interpersonal/communication skills. Must be client-focused and team oriented. The focus of the job at ICS is always Excellent Customer Service.
Key Responsible Areas:
- Participate in meetings with end users to gather business requirements and map out solutions.
- Assist the Dynamics 365 Business Central implementation with configuration of Business Central and key third-party solutions-including system integrations.
- Integrate systems to Business Central using available Business Central APIs as well as third-party APIs and Plug-ins.
- Produce project documentation such as functional requirements documents, customization specifications, design documents.
- Document Business Central Process as well as Business Process.
- Test and verify Processes in Business Central.
- Validate the data in Business Central and ensure all data is flowing correctly.
- Build integrations to perform data conversion tasks and additional integrations based on requirements.
- Participate in all tasks related to feature testing, solution testing and oversee user acceptance testing and signoff efforts.
- Provide end-user coaching and training as needed—one-on-one or with “train the trainer” SMEs depending.
- Troubleshoot application support issues to root cause and through resolution.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate into program specifications.
- Demonstrated proficiency implementing and supporting Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central highly desired. Candidates with Dynamics Nav, Microsoft Navision, or Great Plains will be considered.
- Good documentation and business writing skills, Strong verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability establishing priorities, managing shifting priorities and overseeing multiple time-sensitive projects.
- Understanding and experience with agile project methodology.
- Demonstrated proficiency in understanding and implementing business workflows and processes and AL extensions (including editing through Visual Studio code).
- Ability to interface with clients both in person and remotely.
- Experience installing and configuring Microsoft D365 BC.
- Experience with SQL Server preferably with some knowledge of SSRS, SSAS, and SSIS.
- Understanding of some of the more complex technical topics in D365 BC.
- Knowledge of technical and business writing.
- Experience developing APIs and leveraging Business Central and third APIs and Plug-ins to integrate to Business Central and third-party systems.
- Prior experience implementing and supporting ERP or operational systems in a manufacturing or warehousing organization highly desired.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Business desired. Candidates with equivalent job experience will be considered.
- Skill: Thrives in a dynamic environment with rapidly evolving objectives and sometimes ambiguous requirements with the ability to work autonomously and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Behavior: Endlessly curious - Passionate about expanding areas of expertise, learning new ways to do things, and understanding why things are the way they are - loves to get to the root of the problem, no matter where the problem leads. Resourceful and creative when executing on solutions.
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality of sensitive files, data and materials accessed, discussed, or observed while working.
Nice to have skills:
- Behavior: Gets excited, not only about solving technical challenges, but also about being close to the business and go-to-market strategies.
- Skills: Strong organizational skills.
- Skills: Strong verbal and written communication skills.