For this position we require a person who is a seasoned professional with a strong background in network implementation on service provider or large enterprise scale.
This position has significant scope and impact and thus the individual needs to be highly motivated and self-directed. In performing regular duties, this person will work with project and program managers to ensure status is reported, goals are met, and scorecard metrics are maintained. Key deliverables include gathering & representing network deployment project requirements, network configuration design/deployment, working with other teams to ensure deployments are standardized and delivered as desired, creating and maintaining associated templates and documentation, maintaining key metrics, implementing a number of technological projects, performing as subject matter expert, delivering training to subordinate engineers, and serving as an evangelist for infrastructure and services.
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves network problems.
- Supervising the administration of systems and servers related network to ensure availability of services to authorized users.
- Responsible for analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and repairing of network infrastructure and application components.
- Performing a wide variety of evaluation, maintenance, installation and training tasks to ensure the computer network performance meets company and user satisfaction.
- Providing direction, information, and recommendations regarding network configurations and installations.
- Maintaining a thorough understanding of the basics behind modern Internet architectures (DNS, Security, IP Routing, Switching, Load-balancing, Security technologies, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, SPAM, etc.).
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Local Area Networking.
- Assist in the design of multi-server environments including IP address schemes, DNS, WINS, Ether-Channel (Bonding), etc.
- Configure and setup Sonic Firewalls, VPN Concentrators and Security appliances for access to vital business applications.
- Well versed with VSPR, V Centre, VM Ware, Exchange Server 2010, sonic walls & Fire Walls.
- Design, setup and configure complex switching environments.
- Design, setup and configure complex wireless networking that supports open or secured access and the ability to support voice and video applications.
- Configuring and installing client and server network software for upgrading and maintaining network.
- Troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.
- Positive Attitude.
- Technical, analytical and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and maintain industry knowledge.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer presentation skill.
- Ability to communicate in an understandable, polite and friendly manner, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a small business environment.
- Daily maintenance and problem resolution, operating system patches and software upgrades, and routine hardware configuration.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree (preferably engineering related).
- 3+ years of network administration mandatory.
- Current CCNA and/or CCDA certification.
- Windows Server 2003 & 2008; Exchange and/or SQL experience.
- Network equipment's, peripherals, and other ancillary equipment's.
- Additional certifications required by management.
- Knowledge of VoIP implementation and support.
- Maintain network security through proper configuration of VPN and Firewalls.
- Project Management, Problem Solving, LAN Knowledge, Proxy Servers, Networking Knowledge, Network Design and Implementation, Network Troubleshooting, Network Hardware Configuration, Network Performance Tuning, People Management.
- Configures, tests, and maintains LAN/WAN equipment and related services.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for all implemented networks.
- Provide pre-sales and post-sales technical support &Assist in preparation of proposals and solution presentations.
- Maintain and support company's LAN/WAN environment.